A MUST READ for all unit leaders! A quick and insightful compilation of vignettes taken from history. Perfect for educating leaders during professional development sessions. Explore military deception through the venerable lenses of Sun Tzu, Carl von Clausewitz to Norman Schwarzkopf.
These engaging vignettes provide brief but compelling glimpses into the genius and tragedy of wits and wills put to the ultimate test. Learn to incorporate deception into your tactics.
Examine, Learn, and Apply Elements from the Following Scenarios:
- An impossible hostage rescue
- A cavalry charge into automatic weapons fire
- Stampeding cattle breaking through enemy lines,
- and soldiers betrayed by their own weapon systems
…all just a small glimpse into the enticing legacy of military deception
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT TOOL:
- Contains classic examples of deception with questions designed for unit professional development and personal growth
- Take a peek behind the curtain of battlefield wizardry
- Learn how both ancient and modern commanders wove the dark art of deception into their victories
- Relive desperate deceptions that turned certain annihilation into victory
- Engage the leadership dilemmas of risk and reward when lives and equipment are on the line
- Examine the tight-rope balance between battlefield deception and honor