What if you could sharpen the collective knowledge, training, experience, and creativity of your unit into a finely tuned machine? What if you could prevent mistakes on the battlefield and accidents in garrison? When your leaders must take initiative in the heat of action, will they make combat effective decisions? It all boils down to the Military Decision-Making Process (MDMP).
MDMP is often avoided, abbreviated, dreaded, and generally misunderstood. What may appear to be a series of steps (or blocks to be checked) wrapped in ever evolving doctrine, is actually a battle tested means of turning the disadvantages of stress, personalities, and conflicting information, into an advantage.
Get into the nuts and bolts of MDMP:
- Step by Step
- Process by Process
- Warfighting Function by Warfighting Function.
See how different elements intersect and enhance decision making:
- Explore Army Design Methodology (ADM) to ensure your team doesn’t waste time and resources on the wrong objective.
- Learn how to keep your options open keep the staff engaged until the mission is complete.
- Integrate Composite Risk Management
- Understand where your higher headquarters and subordinate units are in the process.
- Never waste an ounce of talent or a moment of time. Soldiers are counting on you!